Saturday, March 15, 2014

1406

"book club chats with the author"

'Is America She Gone' by Beverly-Ann Scott

Her style is real, refreshing, compelling and totally absorbing. For those who haven't yet read it, this her second novel, i dare say, is also a 'must read'.
We chatted with Trinidadian author, Dr Beverly-Ann Scott, about her second novel at the Nalis, St James Library this morning. Happy i was there.

slight drizzle...
the curve of my umbrella
nestles in my grip

--gillena cox


revisit 'Questions ' June 2nd 2012



I am blog hopping today at 6WS


10 comments:

Lea said...

Hello Gillena. I love your haiku. I can feel the way your fingers curve around that handle... and what an opportunity to meet with this author. I love hearing an author speak. Then forever more I hear their voice when I read their words. Hope you are having a great weekend!

Gillena Cox said...

Lea , I'm happy you dropped in

Much love...

Jim said...

I am glad you got to hear the author, Gillena.
Your haiku is refreshing like the rain.
..

restlessjo said...

I, too, love your haiku, Gillena. And in the previous post too! "Whence", such a lovely word. Isn't language enthralling?

Gillena Cox said...

Thank you Jim

much love...

Gillena Cox said...

Thank you for your appreciation, Jo

much love...

Out of Sight L said...

How wonderful for you, to talk with the author of a book you love, and as always love you haiga?

Gillena Cox said...

happy you dropped in, Lorraine

much love...

Call Me Cate said...

The book club I'm part of meets online so we get excited when an author tweets us. It would be really awesome to have the author speak to the club in person. Thanks for playing 6WS!

Gillena Cox said...

Thanks for stopping by to chat Cate

much love...